North Carolina InfraGard Cyber Camp Club
Purpose: Provide ongoing engagement and communication for CyberCamp attendees in a moderated forum that promotes additional awareness and learning of their role in the cyber community through government and private sector mentors.
Stay Engaged! In a Safe / Legal Manner
- Formal Education: Community College, University
- Informal Education:
- CarolinaCon: www.carolinacon.org
- The Hacker Academy: www.hackeracademy.com
- Cyber Patriots www.uscyberpatriot.org
- National Cyber League www.nationalcyberleague.org
- Capture the Flag Time: www.ctftime.org
- NC InfraGard: ncinfragard.org
- DEFCON 704: www.dc704.net
- 49th Security Division: www.49sd.org
UNCC Cyber Security Program: UNC Charlotte is designated as an Academic Center of Excellence in Information Assurance Education and Research (CAE/IAE, and CAER) by the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security. Details of the Academic Center of Excellence program can be found at http://www.nsa.gov/ia/academic_outreach/nat_cae/.
The Center of Cyber Defense and Network Assurability (CyberDNA) at UNC Charlotte is the focal point for cyber security research and education activities at UNC Charlotte. 49th Security Division is a thriving student club at UNC Charlotte focused on cyber security.
South Piedmont Community College: South Piedmont or SPCC, is a community college consisting of two campuses and an auxiliary center which serve the areas of Anson and Union counties in south-central North Carolina. College Credit Programs – College credit programs lead to a certificate, a diploma, or an associate degree. SPCC offers programs of study in a wide range of college transfer and career areas.
CyberPatriot (www.uscyberpatriot.org) is the National Youth Cyber Education Program. CyberPatriot was conceived by the Air Force Association (AFA) to inspire high school students toward careers in
cybersecurity or other science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) disciplines critical to our nation’s future. Team: 2 – 6 students with Coach
|Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)||None||#312-50||$500||www.eccouncil.org/Certification/certified-ethical-hacker|
|GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC)||Yes||1 exam||$1,049||www.giac.org/certification/security-essentials-gsec|
|Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)||5+ years experience in at least 2 of the 8 (ISC)2 domains.||1 exam||$599||www.isc2.org/CISSP/Default.aspx|
|Associate CISSP||No (but same test, lower CPE||1 exam||$599||www.isc2.org/associates/default.aspx|
|Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)||5 years in infosec, 3 years in infosec mgmt.||1 exam||$600||www.isaca.org/Certification/CISM-Certified-Information-Security-Manager/Pages/default.aspx|
Hacker Academy – 60 DAY PASS! The Hacker Academy provides a unique learning experience, teaching infosec from the hacker’s perspective. You might have heard the phrase, “it takes one to know one mentality”. Our philosophy is to arm our members with the knowledge necessary to practice, implement, and deploy what they have learned immediately and effectively. All training modules are available 24/7 and are perfect for any skill level.
CarolinaCon 11 – Free Pass! Annual conference in North Carolina (www.carolinacon.org) that is dedicated to sharing knowledge about technology, security and information rights. CarolinaCon also serves to enhance the local and international awareness of current technology related issues and developments. CarolinaCon also strives to mix in enough entertainment and side contests/challenges to make for a truly fun event. March 4-6, 2016 in Raleigh, NC. Thanks to Rich ‘curbob’ Curry’.
NC InfraGard Cyber Camp Club Website at c3.ncinfragard.org: Virtual club will have information sharing and forums…
- Presentations from NC InfraGard Cyber Camp 2015
- Communities 49th Security Division, DEFCON 704
- Competition Info: CTF Time, CyberPatriots
- Education Info: UNCC, SPCC, CyberAce, Hacker Academy
- Conferences Info: CarolinaCon, BSides, etc.
- Volunteering Opportunities
- Internships Opportunities
- Ask the Expert!
What Now? It’s what you make of it!
- Start/join a high school computer club
- Start/join a cyber team
- Learn, Learn, Learn
Expect 4 emails (pending parent review)
- Invite to log into NC InfraGard website and join Cyber Camp Club (C3) forum
- Directions to access ‘The Hacker Academy’
- Invitation to CarolinaCon 11
- Information on 49th Security Division meetings
UNCC 49th Security Division: Ethical Hacking Club of UNC Charlotte, College of Computing and Informatics
- Twitter: @49SD
- Facebook: facebook.com/49sd.sh
- Website: www.49sd.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Meet first Friday of each month during school semester at 6:30PM on UNCC campus
Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.
-William Butler Yeats
Together We Protect Cyberspace